We are pleased to announce that the Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra musicians have ratified a new 4-year successor agreement with HHSO management.
Many thanks to AFM negotiator Nathan Kahn who provided invaluable assistance during the negotiations, which began in March 2014 and concluded September 22, 2014. The negotiations were cordial throughout, and we have an excellent relationship with management.
Some highlights of the new agreement:
1) A 4-year agreement with annual wage increases, successively, of 5%, 3.85%, 3.71%, and 3.12%.
2) Principal overscale will increase from 18.5% in 2014-15 to 20% in 2017-18.
3) A new Travel Fee section with two options, either option an increase over the previous agreement.
4) A June 15 deadline for sending out contracts.
5) Updated language for Regular Status, plus a list of who currently has Regular Status.
6) A new section covering leave for FMLA reasons
In addition, we retain all the benefits of the previous agreement, which include, but are not limited to:
1) 9.81% AFM-EPF pension contribution on scale wages
2) Musician protection through grievance and arbitration
3) Standard AFM Electronic Media protection
4) Peer Review