Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Local 447-704 of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada (AFM). Our Local has been serving Lowcountry area musicians since 1937 and represents many of the finest professional musicians in Coastal Georgia and South Carolina.
The AFM is the largest organization in the world dedicated to representing the interests of professional musicians and has been promoting and protecting of our performers for over 110 years. AFM members, who number over 90,000, perform all styles of music—alternative rock, classical, pop, gospel, jazz, country, folk, rock, big band, reggae, contemporary Christian, etc. With such active members as Bruce Springsteen, Roberta Flack, Santana, Yo-Yo Ma, Sheila E, Suzanne Vega, The Goo Goo Dolls, Willie Nelson, and Branford Marsalis, there is a strong representation of major recording individuals and groups.
AFM Local 447-704 continues to be an effective advocate for musicians’ rights in the workplace – be that a nightclub, a concert stage, in a recording studio, on tour or events that make Savannah, Hilton Head and the Lowcountry such a popular tourist destination.
The AFM and Local 447-704 work diligently to:
- Protect the recorded works musicians produce from being exploited
- Promote our members’ live performances by providing several types of benefit programs that help them to build successful careers
- Lobby and advocate legislation and public awareness that protects musicians’ interests
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreements with the recording industry, motion picture industry, jingle industry, TV networks, National Public TV and Radio
- Provide excellent wages and working conditions for its members.